Monday 25 November 2013

Favourite Marvel superheroes

Not the most relevant subjects but I thought this would be a lot of fun whilst I have a bit of spare time before college work consumes my night with I'm a celebrity get me out of here playing in the distance.
this will be a 2 parter, Marvel and DC and its based on my opinion but I welcome yours, who is your favourite Marvel superhero?

Marvel has been around for AGES! and the credit goes to Stan Lee who created a lot of the heroes we see in the comics and movies today but there are so many to choose from and I've had a long think about who I would consider the best one, obviously I'm not going to pick just 1 don't be ridiculous! I'm thinking at least 5, and these won't be in order because I don't like doing it like that instead their just 5 heroes.

Thor
Thor is the Norse god of thunder which sounds awesome already, he is from the realm eternal known as Asgard and is the protector of Midgard who is us. He wields the mighty hammer Mjolnir which was forged out of a star's core and is a member of the Avengers who seek out to protect earth from threats like his brother Loki as seen in the Avengers.
so why is he so awesome? well in the comics he has so much more power compared to how he is portrayed in the movies, he destroyed a planets with his hammer and destroyed Tony Stark's suit with one blast of lightning and he has beaten the Hulk a few times, not many can do that depends on which version of the Hulk is used However his costume... kinda sucks which is where the film version comes in, its very cool and looks more like Viking armour than a skin tight suit and what also helps this is the amazing Chris Hemsworth who brought Thor to life brilliantly, he's big, strong and has an awesome voice it sounds very powerful and gives a sense of authority whilst keeping the idea of a civilisation lost in the past, especially because his vocabulary is very vast more so in the comics because he uses "thou" quite a lot but in the film he uses "suffice" and "sustenance"
Another reason is that without his Hammer he is still awesome... just not as awesome. He wields his hammer with confidence and in the comics each artist exposes a new power whereas in the films they kinda restricted it which I have talked about before, in the first Thor film he smashes the ground beneath him on Jotunheim and in avengers he summons this mass bolt of lightning but in Thor 2 they didn't really introduce one of the other abilities that Mjolnir possess and I need them to show the true strength of both Thor and his hammer but if you're ever looking to see how cool Thor is I suggest one of the newer graphic novels because the art is excellent, I love reading graphic novels because its nice to see the different interpretations of Thor, a lot of the artists change and make him stronger or a tad weaker, but one thing I hated in the comics is that other people have held Mjolnir... NO! your not allowed, who ever holds this Hammer, if he be worthy shall possess the power of Thor... this does not apply when Thor is worthy, Dr Doom gets it at one point... how? I could understand Hulk (but hate it) but his Hammer can only be lifted by Thor himself, end of discussion. I can sum up my love for the Norse God in 4 words... GOD OF EFFING THUNDER, take a minute and say it in your head.

Wolverine- Movies
My next favourite is weapon X... film version because although the comic version is very cool and has been through many cool experiences like being ripped in half by the Hulk I just prefer the modernised version mainly because its Hugh Jackman and he hasn't got a costume which I think is brilliant, he's not hiding himself and it just seems a lot more casual but it has been revealed that wolverines orange costume from the comic was used in a deleted scene of the Wolverine and it looked pretty cool, like armour and awesomeness. I prefer him without a superhero costume because he doesn't consider himself a hero so much, more like a weapon and since he's been wondering around for years what's the point hiding now?
Wolverine has the best set of mutant powers and skills, his adamantium skeleton mas him indestructible AWESOME! he has claws that come out of his knuckles MORE AWESOME and he has a motorcycle, its a sweet ride.
compared to other heroes Wolverine has a more detailed and lonely past which has been captured beautifully by Hollywood, he's not like Spider man who has lost an uncle, Wolverine has suffered through world history like world wars and Hiroshima but more importantly he keeps losing the people he cares about but he continues to be a force for good no matter what and his unbelievable rage makes the experience better because Logan is know for having a very very short temper and unlike the comics Hugh has been able to retain a cool hair style whilst keeping his infamous mutton chops. The last feature I like beside everything is his ability to heal which is amazing but it does not conceal the pain being inflicted, every gun shot or samurai sword jab still effects Logan, he's not like the Hulk who literally doesn't feel much pain he's actually the complete opposite and the way Hugh Jackman shows Logan's pain is brilliant and because he understands the character he is able to replicate emotions physically, when you watch one of the films it is so easy to tell whether Logan is sad or happy because he shows it either with his facial expressions or weirdly with his body. These are the reasons why Wolverine is one of my favourite heroes but if I were to sum it up in a simple sentence its because of his unique and awesome abilities and his rage that allows him to fight.

Silver surfer
I had to think about this one and whether he deserved it but I think I made the right decision.
Although Silver Surfer is considered a villain by some I actually think he is a hero and this is why. Norrin Radd sacrificed his life to become Galactus's herald to save his planet, for years he helped the world consumer to destroy planets until with the help of the fantastic four he helped defeat doctor doom who temporarily took the power of Galactus and ever since he has kinda acted as a defender of the universe in general and planet earth sometimes. The reason I like him so much is due to the power he possesses and the way he was portrayed in the fantastic four 2 film however I felt they held back way TOO much but he did have some cool scenes and visually he looked amazing, spot on but they just avoided focusing on his immense power which was such a shame.
here is a little list of some of his powers.
Super strength, almost indestructible, super speed, he does not require food or drink, manipulate energy and matter, heal living things, energy blasts and sooo many more! already he is a superior being compared to a lot of other heroes which just makes him amazing, I really think he deserves his own film and definitely a lot more fans just look at him... he's silver and he rides a surfboard what more do you people want! if they did do a film I really think they should use Doug Jones who portrayed Norrin in the fantastic four sequel, he just looks a lot like the surfer from the comics but I guess they could do that to anyone... who's bald and thin, dear god! I could be the next silver surfer if I shave my head!
To sum up this character I would simply use the word amazing, he's super cool and very different to other superheroes and I think a lot of people underestimate him, you are mistaken imagine being killed by a surfboard. Overall I just find him very interesting and powerful and I think a spin off film would work brilliantly because it would show off the character and make people aware of his presence if they didn't, before Fantastic four 2 I was completely unaware of him, I just thought meh he's a planet eaters servant... i could do that nothing special and I was wrong If your not that familiar with him I do suggest either watching the film or reading stuff about him, the marvel database is great for this stuff.

Iron Man
surprisingly this was a tough one, there have been loads of debates whether to consider powerless heroes superheroes, I think they should because lets take Iron man for example... that's not something everyone can do and he has managed to save the world a few times and fight very powerful enemies like Thanos so I think all these factors make Iron man a superhero. I like him both in the films and the comics because a lot of the time you see his wide range of suits and they are explored a lot in the comics whereas in Iron Man 3 he didn't get to use a lot of them however we got a good look at some really cool ones like Heart breaker, Gemini and Igor (who we all thought was the Hulkbuster)
Its not just his suits that make Iron Man one of my favourites but its what's inside, Tony Stark is an enthusiastic, patronizing billionaire who never fails to bring humour into the comics and the films with the help of Robert Downey Jr who is just amazing, he manages to portray Tony brilliantly emphasizing his intelligence and one thing that I do love is his relationship with Jarvis, he's a robot voice and yet he treats him like an invisible best friends it was great to see in the movie especially because Jarvis seemed to have more of a conscience. In the comic's he is great maybe greater than the films because in the film there is always a limit of how powerful one should be and in the comics his suits are destroyed a lot less easily but in the films they get battered and ripped to shreds and the annoying part is that Tony heart reactor runs out of juice which is great because it makes it seem like he has not got unlimited power but its like "grr not again"
visually in the films he looks amazing and they really focus on the fact he's a normal guy, he's no Asgardian. I think Iron Man is one of the best avengers (besides Thor) because he's brilliant, every aspect of him is great. His character, his suits and his commitment, in Iron man 3 he came to terms with the fact that he is not alone in this universe and that there are more dangerous beings around, can he stop them all? so in Iron man 3 we saw him continuously trying to top his previous creation which brings out more of character and a few more emotions we have not seen. The only thing I didn't like about the films was the fact he got the arc-reactor removed yeah sure it was a happy ending but that made Tony Stark Iron Man its his origin and his pain. Other than that he kicks ass, I love graphic novels about him because there funny and they always show one of his new suits or re-invent an old one so its nice to see them repeatedly changing and coming up with new ideas.

Deadpool

ah last but not least, ladies and gentlemen I introduce DEADPOOL!
After Wade Wilson was kicked out of the special forces he joined project X. Wilson was granted the healing factor which stopped his cancer developing and after he killed one of his own Ajax tore out Deadpool's heart and let him die... until his healing factor kicked in, he then killed Ajax and took the name Deadpool and became an indestructible mercenary.
I actually don't know much about his past but all I know is that this character is hilarious, in his recent game he has conversations with his mind and they are funny, in the comics he is funny and cool. I think he is the funniest marvel character ever despite his horrible past, not only is he funny but he is very skilled with both a gun and sword which is portrayed brilliantly in the comics with gore and a hell of a lot violence but his appearance in X-men Origins was very disappointing because it wasn't the Deadpool i know. I can't write much about him but he's just a brilliant character and refreshing because of the humour he introduces, i do suggest looking him up and Stan lee... if your reading, make an awesome film about Deadpool because he needs its and make it an 18 so then we get a taste of the REAL Deadpool.


well thats all for today, The second part will be online soon in which I will discuss my favourite DC superheroes and I may even do a villain edition.
until next time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment