Monday 25 November 2013

Spoiler Alert!- Brian Griffin


Well I thought today's post would have been the final post of the day but after finding some stuff out I thought I would talk about recent revelations concerning family guy, but just in case you missed today's post
http://james-lister.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/favourite-marvel-superheroes.html

So if you don't know what's happened and you don't want to find out, just leave... there's a big red cross in the right hand corner, press it.

anyway onto the important matter, in the 6th episode of the 12th series Brian Griffin was hit by a car and he died halfway during the episode and your probably thinking "James... why are you blogging about this?" well I am a huge fan of Seth MacFarlane and I've watched every episode of family guy and american dad. Brian was my second favourite character because of him dry humour and the fact he was a talking dog in a human society treated like an equal, I just found that fun and its always nice to have some sort of variety of characters like in American Dad you have a fish and an Alien and in South Park you have a.... towel named Towelie.
The best thing about this dog that has developed through the years is his relationship with Stewie Griffin and it was horrible to watch him lose his best friend, but what made me laugh is that they tried to make the rest of the episode funny and there was no way that was going to work... at all
the thing that made it worse is that we all know when a dog dies in a film its devastating and to be honest I had no idea this rule applies in a TV series especially a cartoon series and I was actually saddened by it, and i guarantee if Meg was hit by a car no one would bat an eye lid but according to the producers it would be more tragic to kill one of the kids than a dog. I agree with this statement but... its Meg we'll get over it. The thing you also have to consider is the fact that he was a fan favourite and Seth MacFarlane's favourite so what were they thinking!??!?!
BUT...
I believe we have been falsely lead... here is a photo of a description for future episodes.








its reads "an unnamed episode will guest star Maya Rudolph (?) as a runner whom Brian falls for.
sooo Brian is going to be in it, and a few people have argued that Wikipedia can be changed but it also has to be moderated before anything is posted, so maybe this is true and also, this is a photo of some episodes coming up.










so Brian is in the title of 2 of the episodes so I don't think his death is permanent and neither is Brian's replacement Vinny who's... just terrible.
If it is permanent then Family Guy are going to lose so many fans, you'd be surprised how many people like Brian Griffin. So yes I do think they made the wrong decision but Family Guy has been known for playing with our emotions as a few of the main characters have died before only to return... Like Lois even though it was a dream/simulation we didn't know this until the very end.
All i'm saying is that there are things hinting towards his return and I'm hoping they know what their doing because the difference between a cartoon and real life is that the characters never age so why should they die unless there was a valid reason, Seth voices Brian so unless he was being lazy why would he get rid of a character he played?
well that is my thoughts on it, a bit of a short post today but there wasn't much to discuss and I really wanted to talk about this because as I said I am a huge fan of both Family Guy and American Dad.
well I presume the next post will be the follow up to my Marvel discussion.
"Until Next time"
for now... RIP Brian Griffin
if you have been seriously affected by this story you can... sign the petition to have him returned or you can express your disgust on twitter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment