Friday 6 December 2013

Amazing Spider-man 2 Trailer analyses

Yesterday the Amazing Spider-man 2 trailer was released worldwide and it was pretty awesome, so I thought I would do a short analyses expressing my thoughts and things I saw that interested me, so please enjoy :)

The beginning of the trailer shows spider-man free falling which is pretty awesome and quite detailed, there a voice over from peter talking about enemies that he fears he will encounter after brawling with the lizard so its to our shock that he will be dealing with not 1 villain but 3 and at first my heart almost gave way because... well look at spiderman 3 they just couldn't keep up and Venom, spider-man's greatest foe was in it for 20 minutes and defeated with vibrations, but after watching I think I've changed my mind on the outcome of this film.
The first thing I love in this trailer is a nice piece of action that shows spiderman catching a police car



It's just awesome, he kinda flips over it and then hold's it and I have a feeling its during the fight with electro because you can actually see a figure in the mist wearing a hood, you can see it a lot clearer in the trailer but I'm pretty sure its him, already this shows that spider-man does have immense strength which is brilliant to see and like in spider-man 2 I hope they explore it because in Spider-man 2 peter stops a train and its an awesome scene so I'm hoping he does something like that because I think people underestimate him. Come on! just look at it!

this next image gives us a great glimpse of the Rhino which in this film is a giant mechanical suit controlled by Aleksei Sytsevich and even though I'm a big fan of the brute used in the comics I have to say that this looks brilliant, its a fantastic looking thing that resembles a rhino very well and the CGI looks fantastic honestly I don't think there was another way to do it unless they used the same formula as the Lizard, DNA of a rhino inserted into a human but I think that may have been stupid. My only concern is that I feel that he is going to be the "Venom" of the film, a great looking character but... he won't last long at this point I can't be sure and I hope I'm wrong because its going to be a challenge for Peter unless its your typical x-box boss with weak spots so hopefully we will get a good fight out of them, apart from that you don't get to see a lot of the suit I don't even know if it goes on all 4's which would be so awesome, charging into buildings destroying cars BRILLIANT!


This is the Green Goblin, after reading an interview I learnt that they were taking a Iron man look with the armour to be fair it looks nothing like iron man but it does look very very cool, its unique compared to other interpretations of the green goblin and later in the trailer you get a quick look at his face which kinda looks monstrous, lets just say he won't be needing a mask. I thought this character would have been teased through out the whole film building up to the next one but the way its looking at the moment in my opinion is that they may be ready to get rid of Gwen, the green goblin in the comics dropped Gwen only to have spider-man... break her neck so maybe that might happen or it might not but I think it's definitely something to think about and I think it would be great for Peter's character and even better if Venom is involved because revenge would be sweet wearing the venom symbiote. Moving on swiftly 


this is a great look at the new spider-man costume which looks like a hybrid between the Sam Raimi version and the Amazing Spider-man comics, I personally prefer it because I thought the first one was good but it looked weird so its nice to see some originality, I just hope there's a reason for the change I don't want him to pull it out of a hat magically with no explanation. overall it's a great looking costume, I love the eyes, they look very bug like and it kinda hits home with the comics.


this is a nice shot of Aleksei Sytsevich in his awesome tracksuit firing a round at the web slinger, he dodges every single one and it goes into matrix mode with the trail of the bullet appearing, its very cool! one thing I'm wondering is what is this characters purpose and how the hell does he get his hands onto a suit, i presume he's no Ivan Vanko who built the Whiplash suit but then again he could surprise us, I'm pretty confident that this is the work of Oscorp who seems to have a major role in this film and I think there's more to Oscorp than we know, more on that later. In this film I'm really looking forward to the more slick and flexible Spider-man and I think what's great about this version is that he isn't a body builder, he's very thin and I love that about Spider-man because he isn't your typical hero with the big muscles.


A good look at Harry Osborn who I think knows Spider-man's true identity because there's a bit in the trailer that goes like this:
Harry: What about Peter
Norman: Not everyone has a happy ending
so does he know, if so... how? and will that impact his love life with Gwen? I honestly don't think they will be "best" chums unlike Toby and Franco, already I think he is quite a sinister character already who is involved in his dads work a lot more, so I doubt we will see Harry make an omelet whilst doing the twist.


honestly, my favourite part of the trailer, you have doc Ock's tentacles and Vultures wings plus the guy with the hat who made a brief appearance in the first film, we see him twice in the trailer with still no idea who he is... gunna sound weird but I have 2 guesses.
1) Peter's dad- it would be a major twist but very unlikely 
2) Mysterio- no reason apart from.... he's mysterious but apparently this character works for Oscorp so maybe its someone else entirely but hopefully we get a bit more in this film because there is definitely a lot more to it, you have the mysterious death of Peter's parents and this guy... something big is happening in this series and its going to be awesome whatever it is!


another good look at the Green Goblin who does look pretty awesome but I can't tell if he's going to be big in the film or just an extra who's role will intensify in the sequel. who knows?
but again this is a clear indication that Oscorp is a strange place who may be responsible for the Sinister 6 including venom maybe (and carnage, fingers crossed) I also wonder what his board will look like? and why is he doing this?, is it his fathers final wish whilst he's on his death bed? will his dad join him as a Goblin?


Just awesome! a nice huge explosion and Spidey doing his thing, I think this first will be awesome but how the hell is he going to defeat the rhino! 


unfortunately not the best picture but its the first sneakpeak we get of the fight between the Goblin and Peter and Peter gives him a nice kick in the face so I think he will be the final boss, there's all this build up to Electro but honestly I think the Goblin will be the main focus after Electro's defeat. 


Lastly a nice close up of Electro himself portrayed by Django's Jamie Foxx, interestingly I believe this is another result of Oscorp's work and he looks great, his veins light up and his skin is blue at first I was like how but I'm super excited about this character and he motives towards Spider-man because in this section he literally say's he is going to kill Spider-man, but why? what did he do wrong.
after that there's a nice sequence of web slinging action as Peter dodges electric blasts which I would show you but I couldn't get a good print screen :(

this was an awesome trailer, not my favourite but its spectacular, if your a fan of the music I like and you enjoyed the song in the background, its called Legion by Brand X

thanks for reading :)
I have a few posts lined up so expect a few reviews 
Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment