Wednesday 5 March 2014

Transformers Age of Extinction Official Trailer!


Here it is! the official trailer for the 4th installment of the Transformers franchise! Today I thought I would just talk about it for a bit and I know I've done a lot of Transformers stuff lately so this should be the last... until a new trailer.

What is really good about this one is that the human story seems a lot more interesting and less fun, Michael Bay said this would be more serious so he has ditched the comedy aspect to it and it does show in the trailer, we get a good introduction to Mark Wahlberg's character who finds a hiding Optimus Prime and plans to sell him for his daughter so she can go to College and what not, he soon realises that this old truck could be a Transformer. I found that part really interesting because its like the Transformers have become urban legends that everyone knows about but no one see's anymore... until now.

Unlike any of the other films the Transformers will face 2 groups of enemies, us and the Decepticons. The Government start hunting the Autobots and in one bit you see them attack what looks to be Ratchet and they obviously come searching for Optimus who comes bursting through the barn hopefully rescuing the new human characters, Whether Ratchet survives is a mystery but it would make the film a lot darker. Optimus looks very rusty in this but he does keep the robot form similar to the other 3 so I'm guessing later on in the film he decides to upgrade.



The next part with Bumblebee and Stinger is very weird, Stinger is a Decepticon and he's standing right next to Bumblebee who has taken the form of an old Camaro but it looks like their in some sort of show room because surrounding Bee you can see a small billboard with Bee's head and name so I'm not sure what any of this is about but the human in that is Tessa's boyfriend who is a race car driver called Shane.


 An oddly shaped ship hovers over a city and I still believe that it is Unicron! We also get a better look at Lockdown and his face cannon which has lasers (Ooh!) but when he shoots Optimus there is actually another Transformer under him, its hard to make out who it is and whether its a friend or a foe my guess would be Galvatron but its really difficult to tell at this moment, hopefully someone can fill me in on that.


We also get a good look at Bumblebee's new form as he takes down a few Decepticon ships with a boat... pretty awesome right!
His new form looks fairly similar to the one we are use to although he seems slicker and his face mask has changed quite a lot but he still looks great. I actually really like his new look and its pretty clear that he's going to kick ass (again)



Most of the trailer shows a lot of what we saw in the Super bowl including Strafe but what is new is the final bit which features Optimus and Grimlock and... they fight! Optimus bitch slaps the dinosaur with his shield and I think this will be a key part of the film to tame the Dinobots so it is likely that we will get a mini battle between the Autobots and Dinobots, I did really want to see Grimlock cause some damage in a city though but I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out :(
I am surprised they did not show Galvatron who is shown in the Superbowl and I thought we may get a look at a few more Dinobots.


I am loving Optimus's new robot form, he looks awesome! I like the fact they are going with hand held weapons because I think that always makes a better fight; Dark of the Moon proved that. At the moment he kinda reminds me of a medieval knight almost plus Peter Cullen is back which is amazing, I'm a bit gutted we haven't heard him speak yet and I'm hoping for a really cool opening speech maybe on Cybertron again? or revisiting the events of Chicago, no one has forgotten so that should play a big part in the film.

I thought the trailer was awesome! and it really laid the foundations for this film but a lot of stuff is still unknown which is really good because honestly I don't want to know much, I want to be wowed in the cinema with awesome action scenes which are guaranteed, a more memorable and meaningful cast... Mark Wahlberg what's not to love! and some really nice character designs, we've already seen a few but we haven't seen everything yet.
How could I not leave without moaning about the public's response, I've seen death threats towards Michael Bay which is just uncalled for, I appreciate that you may love the franchise but what has the franchise been doing since the very beginning? thats right! changing. So if you don't want to see it then don't but I guarantee all those fan boys who moan are going to buy a ticket. I saw a comment which read "I wish this film was about Transformers" well... their not marshmallows are they? you can clearly see the Transformers and this trailer focused a lot on them but I can actually see where they are coming from, I am hoping that the human cast don't overshadow the Transformers but we'll have to wait and see. All I'm saying is take a few deep breaths and think about what your typing before commenting, death threats aren't needed.

Well I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope you enjoyed the new trailer!
as this is Transformers themed here are all the other posts:
http://james-lister.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/transformers-dark-of-moon.html
http://james-lister.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/transformers-age-of-extinction.html
http://james-lister.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/transformers.html

Until Next time
My next post will be something very different :)

No comments:

Post a Comment